7/15/09

Conquring The Ocean

For some reason I was scared of sand the last time I went to the beach. Not really sure why, but I was.

So naturally my parents took me back there...

The day was calm and warm.





My mom carried me out to a little pool of water that was trapped on land from the retreating tide.





I felt panic boiling inside my belly.






But the warmth of the water was too enchanting.







I looked at my reflection, and saw small creatures swimming around....






I had to get a closer look, this little tide pool had the all the right ingredients for pure awesomeness..






Needless to say......

Fear....

Conquered!





The waves were very loud and I kept looking up at them.





*they looked like this*







When I heard the waves crashing they got me all pumped up,






so I started to make my own waves, turns out I'm a pretty good wave maker.






I found my truck that I love and started pushing it around in the water. I tore the place up!






VROOOOMMM




This is a picture of what the car sees when I push it around.





Wheelie!





At some point my truck adventures came to a screeching halt because I found something in the sand.





My dad insisted it was alive but It didn't really move, and seemed more like a rock to me.








until I grabbed it and flipped it over,








and underneath was the craziest thing I had ever seen. Zillions of little tentacles.








After that my dad took me down to the waves... they were even louder up close.






I got wrapped up in a towel and we headed home.
My fear of sand long forgotten, and my new found love for the beach birthed into existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment