10/14/10

Up and Down

Not only is "up and down" one of my favorite phrases, it also describes what life is like with a two and a half year old. I have been keeping Mom so busy that she has not had a chance to help me update my blog.

I never even posted about my visit with Don, which was almost a month ago. It went really well. I did great in the sound booth and was responding between 10 and 20db! I was supposed to have some Mapping done but I am still really nervous when he hooks my processor up to the computer, it reminds me of my second activation. I did so well in the sound booth and at identifying pictures of objects for Don that he decided we didn't need to adjust anything, hooray!

I also got to have a playdate with my buddy, Jack. We don't see each other very often but when we do, we have a blast! Our mom's failed at taking even one photo of us together (thanks, ladies!) but we were darn cute! We went to the park, went on the teeter-totter, played with cars and ate lunch together. I was even saying his name which is a big step for me.

Last week I went to Eliana's house and got to play on a BIG piano, it was so awesome!!!! Kelsey is really good at playing, maybe someday I will take lessons. Until then, I am content with just sitting next to Eliana and playing what sounds good to us!




School is also going well. There are two new girls who both have implants so that is pretty cool. I am also taking a music class with my mom and I am liking it more each week. The fall weather has been very nice and we have been taking a lot of walks to the park, I LOVE the park.

I am learning new words each day and trying very hard to communicate and tell stories. I even sing some songs! "Clean Up" (we sing this in school) and "Moon, Moon, Moon" are my favorites.

In down news, we have all been sick in our house. Especially Mom and I. Now I have a cough that only happens at night and wakes me up over and over, so annoying. It also has been hard with Dad back in school full time, I miss him so much. Some mornings I call "Da-eee, Da-eee" over and over when he is walking out the door, it makes me feel so sad to see him leaving. But I do get to hang out with him every morning (especially when I wake up at 5 or 6:) so that is good. I have been using a whiny type voice that seems to annoy my family, I am working on it but it is hard when I feel frustrated. Though, when I do get upset and throw a tantrum I have not been throwing my ears, well once in a while maybe but for the most part I just lay on the ground and cry until I feel better. Hey, I am two- what can you expect?!

No comments:

Post a Comment