3/28/10

The Olive Pit

Last week was my dad's Spring Break so we decided to go on a road trip to visit my family in California! I think that my parents were a bit nervous about how I might do on the drive so we stopped in Ashland for the first night. We had a great view from our hotel room.

We also went to an awesome park where I went on the big boy swing for the first time all by myself.

Then we went out to dinner at a fun place and had a nice walk around downtown. I was pretty happy, and so were my parents.

The next day we traveled on to the Olive Pit, aka Corning, where I got to sample many olives (or "olves" as I call them). I was very happy in the car and even got to watch my new dvd, "Cars" (thanks Grandma!).

I immediately made myself at home at GG's house, look how pretty she is! Can you believe that she is my Great Grandma?! ?

 And then I got down on the floor to color with my grandpa and my dad.

The weather was very pretty and we went on many adventures to see the sights of where Dad lived when he was little. I got to see horses up close, so cool!

We also checked out the Sacramento River.

And some awesome rocks.

I went down a slide with Dad.

And we walked through a tunnel where I got to yell and hear my voice echo- I love that!!!!

I relaxed with Beary and Grandpa.

And played on the floor with GG.

I also got to hang out with my cousins (well they are the children of my dad's cousin). I really liked little Owen.
 

And I played trains with Dylan and had an Easter egg hunt.

Later on, we chased each other around, screaming and laughing. It was a good time.

I was sad to say good-bye to my California family, but I know that I will see them again soon. I had such a fun time and even slept well every night. We drove home in one day and I didn't even fuss for more than five minutes total. It was a wonderful vacation.


1 comment:

  1. So cool to see Corning! I bet it was awesome to show your son the sights and sounds of when you were young... Grandpa is looking good!

    ReplyDelete