9/7/09

Oregon Aquarium

A few weeks ago, during the million degree weather, we left my dad in Salem to burn up in the heat and we escaped to the house in Waldport. While there, Grandma and Mom took me to the Aquarium in Newport. It was amazing to say the least.

Grandma and I in front of a tank with fish that zoomed around in circles around the tank...almost like the merry-go-round at the park.





This is a sea otter, he was carrying a clam on his stomach and cracking it open with his powerful jaws. I asked if we could take him home because he kind of looks like my cat Ripley and I thought they would make good friends.....

Mom told me no.






Along one of the trails I found this spot with all of these sea creatures you could ride!






"Excuse me, are you thirsty Mr. Dolphin?"
This one seemed a bit dried out.... I felt bad for him.




If you have spent any time with me in the last... oh, I don't know, ten months of my life, you know that I am obsessed with three things. Cars, Planes, and Birds. So you can imagine my delight when I found out that there was a bird area at the aquarium. They didn't have many different types of birds but enough for my taste.




As I climbed up the rocks to get a better look, I spied the coolest bird ever.





This little guy who looks like a puffin (and for the life of me, I cannot remember what he is exactly) but he is not. He was crazy in the water, dipping his head under splashing around... almost like he was imitating me when I take a bath....





The best part of the whole thing was the tube that went under water and you could see fish swimming all around you.






This shark was gigantic.... really.....I mean look, it's so big it spills out of the frame.




This is the end of the day. I am worn out and getting a ride from Grandma back to the car. I have my milk, my belly button

and my.....




PENGY!!!!!

It's sad but this may be the last pic of me with Pengy, unless we find him...*sob*





When we got home my dad was there and we headed down to the beach... and off into the sunset! Returning to the waters that we crawled out of zillions of years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment