6/23/09

The Beach Trip

This is one of those posts that I have been saving and trying to get around to for a long while now. I am, fortunately, almost caught up with these.

This post doesn't have a funny story, or anything. The reason I post it is that the pictures taken are all fairly epic and I encourage any readers to at least click on a few (if not all) to view in their full resolution.

This is our walk on the beach during the Avery and Her Parents visit to the Beach House.



Here we are just getting down to the water. The coloring of the sky and the reflection of that color on the beach.



I was strapped to my dads back in a backpack for this adventure. We took a lot of pictures of ourselves while we walked... not many turned out.... and even in this one my dad is making a silly face.



I like this shot because the clouds seem to mirror the extension of the beach all the way down to the mouth of the river.



My dad loved Stephen King's short story "The Mist", he even liked the movie (which I was not allowed to watch, and which Mom said had a terrible ending, according to my dad it did not). The point I am trying to make is that this picture, as they walk into the clouds, reminds my dad of something out of the mist.



This shot is epic for so many reasons. You really get a sense of how vast and amazing the beach looked that day. The proportions of the people to the clouds and beach in the distance is incredible.



My mom is cute. This is my favorite scarf that she wears.



Shot of the clouds, I thought there was a better one, and maybe there is, but I don't have it with me.



This is also a favorite of mine from that day. The reflection and mirroring of the clouds above on the beach is just amazing. There are probably fifty shots like this. I think I got the best one put up here. I will double check to make sure when I get home.



Another shot of the beach...



I passed out on the walk back to the car with my mouth on the pack. It looks really comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment